Thursday, May 3, 2012

Logos App

As I was scrolling threw the app store on my iPod because nothing interesting was on TV, I came across this app (well, my sister was playing it so I though I'd check it out). The idea of the app is having all these logos and having to tell which logo it is. It is shocking to get the realization of how many I knew and got correct. Though this app does not receive and revenue from it, it is frightening to see all these logos, some without the name just the font, placed in front of yours eyes. The media has made it their goal for us to see these logos and know what they are associated with. It relates to one of the powers of language, reification, when the advertiser only has to put their logo on the screen for you to know what they are selling. It may be something to brag about, but it is also very unsettling.

1 comment:

  1. I find it funny, because you can learn a lot about a person by the logos they know. Like my friend Aidan was automatically able to name all the car companies and I was able to get all these electronic entertainment companies.

    ReplyDelete